Auto spell-check nigtmare


A short explanation: while I have been away, I have been writing my blog on an Asus tablet. The default setting on the spell-check is Norwegian BokmÃ¥l, but it is supposed to recognise when I am writing in English and switch to a British-English spell-check. Which it hasn't been doing. I have read through the posts before I published them, and have corrected what I have seen, but the corrections haven’t been saved. So a lot of the posts have had rather a lot of spelling errors. One of the funniest ones was the auto-correct to “anti-gay” which I mentioned in a post two days ago. Another one which has been driving me up the wall is that the spell-checker insists I want to type “I” every time I type “in”.

So I will be re-checking the posts in the next few days. In the meantime, apologies on behalf of  my spell-checker who thinks it can predict what I am about to write and changes things accordingly ……

Comments

  1. Can’t say I've noticed it, but the whole of the blog post!
    Everything has been a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yes to No-votel

Plane bad behaviour? Nappy changing and other things

Isn't Waldorf a type of salad?