Jane Fonda and Michael Kors

I have just got off a 45-minute flight on a Cityline CRJ900 operating for SAS which proved to be more adventurous than anticipated.

Picture this: Edinburgh, 1989. A student flat. Three girls from Northern Ireland and a guy who knew how to operate a hoover. (Sips prideful on the premise that it is indeed 5 o'clock somewhere. As in 5pm. At Oslo airport beer was being downed in quantities when I arrived at 9am. I abstained. Until now). It was the days of big hair, slim bodies, leotards and leg warmers in particularly unattractive pastel colours. Again, I abstained. But my flatmates and I did succumb to the trend of working out with Jane Fonda. On a video. 

This memory came back to me in the last 45 minutes as the lady sitting next to me forced me into some Fonda-esque movements. Duck to the left, stretch to the right, up and down and "don't forget to breathe" as Jane thoughtfully always reminded us. Cheers Janey. I eventually figured out that my seat mate, of Asian origin, was desperately trying to avoid any single sunbeam hitting her skin. In the end, she pulled the shade down and the workout, exhausting as it was, ceased.

So where does Michael come in? Well, for some reason I changed my mind this morning when getting dressed and instead of a pair of sand-coloured trousers, I went for a dark brown pair of cords made by Michael K himself. Or at least that's what the label above my right buttock states. And blow me down with a feather if I didn't manage to knock the coffee I had just been served over and spill it all over my trousers. Which are dark brown. So there is no stain!

Going back to the flight though, these CRJ900 planes are actually very comfortable to fly in, despite the fact thatI at 6 foot 1 can't stand up straight in the cabin. Seats are comfortable and sellout.padded, and the seat pitch seems better than in SAS' 737s.  Polite and cheery cabin crew who I remember from a flight from Stockholm to Helsinki in May. Typical inter-Scandinavian service ("coffee and tea are always free"), but that is more than enough on such a short flight.  Pictures to follow as and whenI find out how to attach them ......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes to No-votel

Plane bad behaviour? Nappy changing and other things

Isn't Waldorf a type of salad?