Regaled at the Regal



Let me show you my room at the Regal Airport Hotel. 11th floor - executive level, of course. L'Oreal would claim that I am worth it (did you know they have been using that slogan for over 40 years now? That's one for the pub quiz).


The room was large by Asian standards. Hotel rooms in Hong Kong are notoriously tiny with no room to swing a cockroach. This was different. And a free minibar was included. Believe it or not, I didn't touch a thing. Why would I when I had access to the Executive Lounge, with all-day refreshments, including cocktails from 5pm to 8pm.


And local snacks which were very moreish indeed.


This was a very good hotel. The staff in the Executive Lounge were thoroughly charming, and so efficient. They really are a credit to the hotel. As are all the employees I came into contact with. I am staying there again in a week's time, but as I arrive late and leave early, I have booked the cheapest room available. So it will be interesting to see if there is any significant difference between the two. One thing to be aware of is that beds in many Asian countries are often far firmer than in Europe. The bed in my room was certainly firm, but not uncomfortably so.

This is the view from the lounge ....



.... and this is the view from the other side, showing just how close it is to the airport. If you ever need a hotel near Hong Kong Airport, this one comes highly recommended by me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes to No-votel

Plane bad behaviour? Nappy changing and other things

Isn't Waldorf a type of salad?