Staying at the Quest in Napier

I spent two nights at the Quest in Napier. Quest is a chain offering self-contained accommodation in New Zealand and Australia, mostly with a 4 or 4.5 star rating. I have previously stayed at Quest properties in Auckland, Wellington and Brisbane, so I knew what standard the accommodation is.

Quest Napier is in the middle of Napier, a 20-25 dollar taxi ride from Hawkes Bay Airport. There is parking nearby for what seemed like very reasonable rates (I overheard a conversation regarding parking while I was waiting to check in. Check-in itself was quick and efficient. I had booked via Expedia since they had the same rate as booking directly with the hotel, but I had some cash points I could use from a previous hotel stationed through them, so I cashed these in and paid the remainder making it less cash for me. All my details were on file when I arrived, so I just had to sign on the dotted line and I was given an information sheet and my key.

My King Studio Apartment was on the fourth floor. Studio apartments have the kitchen/living/sleeping area in one room and a separate bathroom as you can see in the pictures below. There was a good selection of tv channels, a wall fan which was quiet and heated the room quickly and the bed was comfortable. The whole studio was very clean - I even checked the corners of cupboards and under the bed as I knew I would be writing this report!


The kitchen area had everything you need for a short stay - plates, bowls, glasses, cups, cutlery, chopping board, pots and pans. There was a microwave, two hotplates and a dishwasher compete with powder.

The bathroom had a heated towel rack, good water pressure and was clean.

This was perfect for what I needed for a two-day stay, and enabled me to make a quick meal on my first night when I couldn't"t be bothered to go out to eat, although there are a plethora of eateries within a stonesthrow of the Quest. There are three supermarkets no more than a five-minute walk - two Countdowns and a Pak n Save.

The Quest offers very good rates for the standard of the property,  I would certainly consider it again should I return to Napier in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes to No-votel

Plane bad behaviour? Nappy changing and other things

Isn't Waldorf a type of salad?