Plane bad behaviour? Nappy changing and other things

In the title of my last post, I hinted at something to do with a nappy (that’s British for diaper in case you are American). Because the post contained pictures of food, I didn’t think it appropriate to elaborate on nappy matters there. But now the time has come.

The nappy incident occurred after the first meal service on my SAS flight from Hong Kong to Stockholm. Sitting behind me in a single seat was a man who spent most of the flight sleeping and passing wind unashamedly loudly. Culture difference, maybe? So when a rather pungent smell (to put it politely) wafted through the cabin after the main meal service, I assumed it was connected to his melodious flatulence. But the smell lingered. In the middle seats, there was young couple with a small child, maybe about four years old. Throughout the flight, she had demanded and they had obeyed. What she was demanding I have no idea due to language differences, but I could guess from the tone of what she was saying that there was a serious princess-factor going on here. I turned to the middle seats to see the following:

  • “princess” in pink dress standing on one of the seats
  • fussing parents, one holding up the skirt of the princess, the other holding a clean nappy

You can guess what was happening. A public nappy change, on a seat, with nappy wearer standing and singing some unintelligible princess anthem. The dirty nappy was on the console between the two seats. And there it lay. For all to see. The strangest thing about this was that it happened in row 7, and the toilets are situated behind row 8, and all of the time the vacant lights were lit for both of the toilets. Not very nice for the rest of us sitting in the cabin. Is it only me, or was this strange and very inappropriate behaviour?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes to No-votel

Isn't Waldorf a type of salad?